Many students like to doodle, especially when they are given an opportunity to be creative, imaginative and novel.
Listen and Draw is one of our shared favorite activities in class. We love it for several reasons.
- If there is not a time to finish a story, “Listen and Draw” is a perfect way to recap what has happened so far.
- A screenshot of the “Listen and Draw” provides a perfect visual clue for a homework assignment:
- a. Either looking at the illustration and telling the story
- b. Or looking at the illustration to speed write
- It is a novel way to provide more repetition
- It is a well received brain break after one has been working so hard on co-creating a story.
- It’s a good way to assess who needs the teacher to slow down and provides more repetition.